New endplate design - now laser-etched!
NOTE: Two options of tubes available! Please specify:
- Either 12AE6 and 12FK6 tubes (two pairs of tubes)(default)
- OR 12FM6 tubes! (only one pair of tubes)
This is a -complete-
kit for the Millett Hybrid MiniMAX headphone amplifier. Details for building, history, and performance data may be found on the Millett MiniMAX website
Yes! This is the same famous MiniMAX long sold at Whiplash Audio, with specially selected Beezar parts. Complete details on the parts may be found on the MiniMAX BOM on the MiniMAX website. The Millett Hybrid MiniMAX is the culmination of the famous Millett Hybrid design. It is a vacuum-tube hybrid headphone amplifer, incorporating an onboard high-performance, linear-regulated power supply, the tube signal stage, a fully-discrete diamond buffer output section, and a relay-delay switch to protect headphones from power-on spikes. Most important, the tubes are space-charge tubes, meaning they run at low voltage, anywhere from 12-24V, so this kit is completely devoid of dangerous high voltage. Yet, you still get tube sound in the signal stage while the output buffer is biased fully into Class A with large onboard heat sinks, capable of supplying 50ma current or almost 1W into a headphone load.
With the Beezar MiniMAX kit, you get all the items listed on the BOM at the MiniMAX website, including:
- Beezar-Lansing custom MiniMAX case - Black, New Laser-etched endplates!
- Case hardware and standoff kit
- EITHER (default) - 12AE6 (high gain) + 12FK6 (low-gain) tubes, tested and matched,
- OR -12FM6 tubes, tested and matched (medium gain)
- Fairchild BD137/BD138 output transistors
- Muse ES boutique electrolytic capacitors in the signal path
- Soniccap GEN II film caps for the output bypasses
- Optional Muse Fine Gold (FG) 1000uf 35V output caps for low impedance headphones (ES preferred for most uses).
- Wima MKP10 polypropylene film bypass capacitors
- Panasonic FM or NEW Nichicon UHD electrolytic capacitors at all power and decoupling positions
- Genuine Alps RK27 stereo audio volume pot - 50K impedance
- Vishay-Dale precision resistors throughout, Kiwame output resistors (if desired)
- Highest-quality 2-oz copper PCB, complete with heat sink cooling holes
- Teflon-filled, gold RCA jacks
- Gold-plated ceramic tube sockets
- Solid-aluminum silver volume knob
- Super-Brite 3mm color-change center LED, with your choice of two 3mm tube light LEDs.
- Beezar custom heat sink kits
- Beezar/Toole Audio-refined headphone relay circuit with custom-selected parts and delay
- Beezar/Toole Audio-designed power supply with 0.040mVAC noise output
- Triad 24VAC, 750ma walwart
- Digital Multimeter for adjusting bias, with a Bourns trimmer adjustment tool
We believe you won't find another headphone amplifier kit as complete as this one, with so many custom-selected parts all designed to maximize your listening enjoyment with the most refined version of the famous Millett Hybrid MiniMAX. All you need is solder, wire, and heat shrink.